Our Service Desk app needed 3 modules: We created Customers only. Let’s now create the Technicians module:
- 1. Go to Model Modules.
- 2. Click on + New Module.
- 3. Type in the following:
- a. Singular Name: Technician
- b. Plural Name: Technicians
- c. Select an icon you like.
You can leave the rest of the fields untouched.
- 4. Click Save.
Now you’re ready to define the individual fields for Technicians:
- 5. Hover over the Name field and click on the pen icon to edit its properties. Type in the following:
- a. Field name: First Name
- 6. Click Save.
Similarly, let’s create other fields for Technicians as well:
- 7. Drag-n-drop Text (Single Line) to create a field named “Last Name”
- 8. Drag-n-drop Text (Single Line) to create a field named “Phone number”
- 9. Drag-n-drop E-mail to create a field named “E-mail address”
- 10. Drag-n-drop Text (Single Line) to create a field named “Position”
Now, we need to create a Department field with the following items: Hardware, Software, Sales, Marketing. In order to this, we first need to create a picklist containing all these items:
- 11. Go to Model Picklists.
- 12. Click on + New Picklist.
- 13. On the Name field, type in “Departments”
- 14. Click Save.
- 15. Click on the Departments picklist to edit the list:
- 16. On the Name field, type in “Hardware”. You can leave the rest of the fields empty. Click Save.
- 17. Now add “Software”, “Sales”, “Marketing” items.
- 18. Click Save Sort Order.
We now will use this new picklist in our Technicians module:
- 19. Go to Model Modules.
- 20. Click on the module Technicians
- 21. Drag-n-drop Pick List into the General pane. Type in the following:
- a. Field name: Department
- Picklist: Choose our previously created picklist “Department”
- 22. Click Save.
Your Technicians module is ready to use. Let’s now move to the third module.